Saturday, May 15, 2010

No One Likes A FATTY

16 days and I will get getting on a plane. WOAH. I am so excited to see everyone. I can not believe that it has been seven months! It is so crazy to me because I feel like I have been with you all along...weird, I know but it does. I think (and hope) everything will pick-up just where we left off.

I've been thinking a lot lately about my transition back to the good ol' US of A after being here for so long and it is going to be interesting. It is different here and the people are different. One thing that I have thought about a lot recently is how I am not looking forward to going back into image obsessed America. Once you have been away from it for awhile you realize how trivial it all is and how we are all so vain! Here they say embrace your African curves or work-out, that's it, end of story. No, o I'm so chubby (actually usually the opposite of I'm too skinny) or hating on oneself, most people, at least the ones that I have come across are comfortable and don't give it much thought because "its just how their body is." One story that really comes to mind is when Andrea and I were with Marc at Bourbon and we were talking about weight and yada yada and Marc said you guys talking so much about your weight makes me self-conscious about my body. I never thought of it that way. He is/was fine with his body until we started dissecting ours, by doing that, he started to do it to himself. They just don't do that here.

And, the magazines. Oh my goodness. I read my first "western" (from the UK) magazine in six months and was borderline horrified. It is such trash. I never even realized it before but all I could think of was who cares?!? It was so terrible. I think I have ruined myself for stupid things. (That sounds really harsh and this is for me, not for you. If you like trashy magazines, do you!)

So, those are just a couple side comments. Take them of leave them. I just hope I am able to come home and not be as obsessed as I was because that never helped, ever. Never lost a lb by obsessing over it, usually only gained two in it's place. I just want to be healthy and happy, for me. Not for anyone else. Basically I will just continue doing my SHRED videos and reminding myself that no one likes a fatty - not because I'm fat but because it's fun.

That's all folks. LOVE YOU. SEE YOU IN 18 DAYS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment