Saturday, May 1, 2010

False Promises

I am so full of false promises that it is entertaining to me. It's good to know that I continue to overcommit myself, even when it comes to blogging. Something to work on!

I'm 30 days out, 4 weeks, so CRAZY! I can't believe it. This time is going to fly by so quickly. I am getting excited to come home but I am really going to miss this place. It has been such an amazing experience.

So, back to my original plan...

What I will miss....

My kids. I am going to miss the street kids so much. They have been such a blessing and I will miss not seeing them every week. We have really started to bond and I am not looking forward to leaving them. They are wonderful and I get smothered with hugs every week which I will really miss.

How flattering the people are. People here are so open and flattering. If you look like crap they say you look tired but if you look good, they tell you. The people are just really nice to me! haha, I have never felt so appreciated before (by men in particular) and they are all such good, kind people. The guys here treat me very different than the ones at home. Here if you are big, they think that is how you are supposed to be. No one is trying to lose weight and they just like you as you are. It's really nice. I am not looking forward to jumping back into the American cultures obsession with weight and skinny people.

My patio. I will really miss sitting out on the patio in the morning and at night. It's peaceful and I always sit there in awe of how blessed I am to have the opportunity to have this experience.

What I am looking forward to...

Just the usual day to day chats with friends and family. I am really looking forward to sitting around the kitchen table and just catching up with everyone. I can't wait to hear about all the happenings in everyone lives and share all that I have gained from this experience.

Exercise. I really look forward to going on a run whenever I want and not having to worry about the harsh sun or who is going to be watching me or any of that. I can not wait!

Salads!!!!! I can not wait to have salads, as many as I want. I can not wait for a healthy diet!

OTHER

I am going to have a basketball camp at a school for deaf kids in two weeks! Can't wait!

And, in general, I am exhausted! People are starting to go home so we have had going away parties non-stop! I am so tired! Lastly, I have decided I am not playing for the National team. Instead, I have decided that I would like to be an assistant coach. I really feel like I will be messing with their chemistry and that is just selfish...I am still going to practice with them but I do not think it is fair to play in games.

See you in 30 days. HOLY CRAP.

I LOVE YOU. I LOVE THE USA. I LOVE RWANDA. I LOVE MY LIFE.

WOAH.

1 comment: