Monday, November 16, 2009

Boom Boom Pow

My iPod is dead, my itunes never fully loaded, and my IP is recognized as Rwandanese which unfortunately does not have access to the Apple store. As a result, there will be no solo dance parties to Boom Boom Pow or Fire Burning on the Dance Floor in Africa...very bad news.

In other and more important news, I had a good day and a fabulous evening. We had a meeting with the guys from PLP (Peace and Love Proclaimers) which is a non-profit in Rwanda run by a group of young people who are working to promote a better Rwanda through empowering the youth. They are such an great group of guys and it's so inspiring to see what they have been able to accomplish while holding down full time jobs. They are full of hope and it made my night. I really look forward to working with them. (Each of them speak at least 4 languages...wtf, one negative about the good ol' US of A)

Other than that, the cook is mad at me. I apparently don't eat enough...yes, me. I'm trying to only eat when I am hungry and that is not ok with her. I'm sticking to my plan but she gets so offended and actually talked to one of the other girls in the house about it. Basically, I just want to say, DO YOU...but, I don't think that's appropriate. We're friends (as close as people that have known eachother for 4 days can be) so I feel comfortable trying to explain it but the language barrier is too much. PLUS, the girls were talking about how on average ex-pats gain between 30-40lb while in Africa due to rice belly (and beer)…if that is the case, count on seeing me sometime around Feb. 2012 because I will be walking/swimming home.

Peace and love to all...(insert peace sign and sway here)

1 comment:

  1. 1. How about getting your dance party songs from youtube?
    2. DO YOU!
    3. In case no one told you how great you are today...you are GREAT!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete