Sunday, December 27, 2009

Call me Steve Nash...

We had our first game today. We lost 31-41...yes, it was an intense battle. I decided today, after talking to the coach, that my primary responsibility is to pass and attempt to teach the post some moves. Since the championship is June 5th and I will be back home, it does not make sense for me to take on the responsibility of scoring. If I become their main offense, it is not fair because when it counts, I will not be there. So, today I just passed. I shot a couple times but only when I was completely open. AND, they have me playing the 2 guard....2 guard. That's just plain nuts! I don't know how to crash the boards from the perimeter or even know where to go...(mainly because we have no plays). Anyway, it was an experience and confirms the fact that I love the post...it is by far the best position.

Other than that, I really need to have a productive week. I'm trying to take weekends off from work but there is just so much work that when I do, Monday through Friday is just too busy.

P.S. Completely kidding about the Steve Nash comment and since I play the 2 guard on offense, I have to guard a guard on defense...yes, fun times. I believe I pulled my groin.

No comments:

Post a Comment