Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Ortho in Africa?

Not only is there an orthodontist in Rwanda but the office is walking distance from my house...thank you God. I was struggling!!! She saved me and put a lock on my wire so it does not shift again. I am so happy about it.

Finally got my little friends down the street to stop calling me "umuzungu" and call me Kate. They have also stopped asking me for money which is a major victory and I'm trying to get them to tell me their real names but I think that will take some time. Right now they are all professional futbol players...my favorite calls himself David Beckham. He's probably five years old but swears, through a massive smile, it is his real name.

Other than all that, I was so sick today! It was miserable. I haven't felt so terrible in years and I took a nap for almost five hours....definitely did not get any work done but feel so much better now so at least it's not typhoid or something. Yes, that is a concern when my stomach hurts...that or malaria - it's a whole different world!

No comments:

Post a Comment