Monday, December 14, 2009

What have I done?

Had my meeting with the President of Basketball - Rwanda this morning and am shocked to report that, without picking up a ball, I am the newest member of the Rwandan Women's National Team. I, who have not shot a ball in over a month, played seriously in two years, or played defense since 2006, have practice on Friday and my first game in Burundi on December 27th. I can't help but smile at this life I lead, but seriously, what is going on?

It has been soooo long since I have been in the basketball mindset that for the first time in a long time I thought about my height, or lack thereof. For the last three years I have been considered taller than average, but back in basketball land I am back to being an undersized post (or power forward!). All my height insecurities came back in a flash and I couldn't help but laugh and think what am I doing?!?! I am only 25 but feel way to old for this! I can't wait to look back and see the lessons I learn from this one...

It should be noted that I'm pretty sure Rwanda finished last or second to last in the African Cup in November so that kind of explains why they just put me on the team...anyone can help!

Part of me is looking forward to the pain of getting back in shape but a bigger part is NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment