Sunday, December 13, 2009

Kate + Colin = <3

Today my roommate and I were talking about Medugorje on our walk back from church and it got me thinking about my trip there in 2007. When we got home I started reading a book we have called, The Healing Touch of Mary. The book is a collection of personal accounts of various individuals who have been saved by or had visions of Mary. Reading the book, in particular the stories of individuals who were healed by using Lourdes water, made me remember my own personal fun story from Medugorje.

The first day I was there, I went to the big church in the center of town which I believe is simply called the Parish of Medugorje (don't quote me). At the time, I had terrible shin splints (which I never get) and was worried because I had bad shoes, a heavy backpack, and knew that the rest of my trip would be very uncomfortable if they remained. After mass, I put the holy water from the church on my shins, and distinctly remember thinking, "mine as well try" with a hint of "prove it" (which I acknowledge is not good). Well, it worked. I remember them not bothering me starting the next day and have not gotten them since. I wish I took some home and really should have put it on my knees as well!! I remember telling someone that story but not sure who (maybe Katie or maybe Mom??). Regardless, I figured I would share just because it's fun and haven't thought of it in a long time. I choose not to believe that it was a coincidence.

Apart from church and reading, I went to the market and finished watching the six hour A&E version of Pride and Prejudice. I decided that I officially have a crush on Colin Firth. Yes, he is an older man and does not necessarily fit my usual "type" (which most times is ever changing based on personality so I guess non-existent) but, after careful thought and consideration, I heart him (or at least basically every character he has ever played).

Also, talked to Paula, Max and Fumble today on skype for the first time which was awesome!

I hope you are all doing well and hope you have a great week. I need to get my act together and have a productive one...last week was personally and spiritually rewarding but I didn't really complete anything work related so...yeah.

P.S. There are tons of great things at the market...baskets, fabric, bags, masks, candle holders, earrings, etc but I refuse to buy anything unless you tell me what you want because you never seem to like/use what I get.

1 comment:

  1. Step off your throne of lies; you've loved Colin Firth for years!

    ReplyDelete