Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Music in June...

First and foremost, Windy, I love your picture. It is a true representation of who you are and I love it. I laughed so thanks.

Secondly, Max, welcome to the parks & rec team and, no, I did not bring Nana's sweater with me (although I should have!!!). I'm sure it is around there somewhere and I would be honored if you carried on the tradition and wore it this year. Due to the fact that you were the only one who agreed that it was the sweater she was wearing her last Christmas, I think it is only right!

Lastly, an update...since it is that time of year, we often listen to Christmas music and it is so weird! It's hard to get in the spirit here because it feels like June and there are no lights or decorations anywhere. It makes me realize that I could never live in a state where it does not snow. I need snow, I need four seasons. I will say that I am kind of grateful that I feel this way because it does make it much easier to miss my first Christmas. Without the hoopla, it will simply feel like Jesus' birthday...which I guess is a good thing but much less fun.

Other than that, I have nothing to report. I have legit done nothing the last three days. I went into town twice and other than that have been chilling...str8 chillin (that's for you LT, do you even say that?). I've spent a lot of time sitting on my porch reflecting on life, mine in particular. I strongly recommend it. I feel calmer than usual and although I felt like a waste of space, I think it is vital to do a personal inventory...yes, Paula, I just said that. I have dissected basically every part of myself and concluded that I do in fact like myself...so I guess that's good. I have realized how tired I was and, although I would like to pretend I could have continued the way I was going, I can now admit to myself how much I did need this time. I have been running on empty for awhile now and look forward to coming back refreshed...watch out world.

Sending a massive, suffocating, hold on for a minute passed comfortable HUG.

P.S. I have been working on my proposals as well...they are taking forever! I am a slacker and should take self-starter off my resume because it is a lie (but I'm not going to).

P.S.S. Men hold hands in Rwanda. Like, interlocking fingers hold hands. Not going to lie, in the beginning I was puzzled. I did not understand how so many men were openly gay in an African nation. For a day or two I thought maybe they move here from Ethiopia because they can get killed there and maybe in Rwanda it is more accepting...nope. They just hold hands. I kind of like it, manly men, holding hands...it's nice.

P.S.S.S. African Cup starts Friday...I WANT TO PLAY BASKETBALL. My game is slippin!

2 comments:

  1. Personal inventory? Sounds like something you'd do in the shower; not on the front porch.

    Christmas felt weird in Florida and feels weird in LA just the same. I think the north is really the only place where Christmas is done right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at every paragraph. You make my heart sparkle, Kate Kelley.

    ReplyDelete