Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Commitment Issues...

Per usual it only took me a month and a half to over commit myself and fall right back into the hectic lifestyle I always create for myself!!! I'm exhausted. I've been working really hard (haha in comparison to November) and being pulled in all different directions with PLP and AWF. There is so much work to be done!!! So, that, in combination with bball, has left me drained.

That being said, since this adventure is all about personal growth, I don't want to be a stressball anymore (ever) and want to actually do what I want to do without worrying about everyone else and what they will think (Thank you Becca Shaw for restarting this thought process where LT left off). As a result, I'm undecided but I think I may tell the bball coach I am only available to practice three days a week and then for games on the weekend. They seem to practice every day for two hours, and that's in addition to the 45 mins of travel time (total) which is too much with all the work I have to do. There aren't enough hours in the day, especially if you like a 9:45/10PM bedtime.

Plus, they're not my people...it's so interesting to me what an impact your teammates have on your experience. Granted I do not know these girls at all, and unfortunately with the language barrier probably never will know them well, but they are not my teammates. Even in Ireland I couldn't see those girls as my teammates. I'm finding that if you don't have that bond, created by hours and hours spent together everyday...usually dying, or the internal competitive/self-worth issues it's hard to put all the work in (and we all know how much it takes for me to be decent). I think my desire to practice is over...haha I'm all about 3 v 3 zog and full-court pickup...defensive slides, passing drills (which I know I need), closeout drills, etc. are a thing of the past. I'm realizing for the first time that I meant it when I said I left everything at Bentley.

No comments:

Post a Comment