Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Since it is the 30th and I have a busy day tomorrow I thought I would figure out my new year's resolutions now. Plus, it helps me procrastinate on my current work which leads me to my first resolution...1) No more procrastinating.

Ummm, for the others, I have to think about it. For the first time in my life, it will not be to stop biting my nails....can I get an Amen? (The preacher said that like 8 times at one of the churches I was at last week...bit much!) Anyway, February 16th will be my one year anniversary of not looking at my hands and thinking "psycho!" I know the exact date because that is when I got my braces on and since they were so painful for the first three weeks, I couldn't bite them...and after that, I just stopped. Too much info but the point is, this is a big one so I will be accepting nail polish, nail filers, some nail polish remover (if you send the nail polish) and any other nail related merchandise.

I digress, back to the resolutions...
2) Learn how to relax...like for real
- Stop over committing myself
- Remember it always gets done (...because I crush work)
- Remember in the grand scheme of life it's really not that serious
3) Become a better teacher
- I am here to pass on what I've learned, not do everything for everyone...
4) Become a better leader
- Think more strategically, focus on execution
5) Get healthier - mentally and physically
- JUST DO IT.

That's about it, I only like having five resolutions but I am adding one more, 6) Become more finanically conscious - Keep a budget, KEEP it!

Ok, BUT, because it is 2010...it's a big list year!!! Time to write a new one. I've pretty much dominated the last one so it's time to set some new goals (I say that with a smile, half joking because I know my mom and sisters think I am a tool). All I know right now is 2010 is the year of the half-ironman tri (if I actually train, not half-ass like the marathon, otherwise I'll save it for 2011) AND I will be 26 this year...Gleo and BK know what that means...BIG HAPPENINGS. The braces are a little behind schedule but, whatever...it'll happen.

What are your resolutions?

I feel like 2010 is going to be a big year, in a good way.

l.o.v.e

No comments:

Post a Comment